About our advocacy program:
Through our advocacy program, we strive to create systemic change within local, provincial and federal health care systems by:
- Analyzing emerging health issues and related health service and policy implications using both informal and formal research mechanisms.
- Responding to requests for comment and feedback on governmental or organizational discussion papers, policy statements, regulations and legislation, and for participation in consultations.
- Developing innovative and effective policies on issues that affect women’s health.
- Providing mechanisms for community consultation and input, including establishing forums for consumers, service providers and policy makers to exchange information, debate issues and, where possible, develop common perspectives. This process informs our development of position statements and public policies.
- Using multiple strategies to raise awareness and garner support, including conferences, articles, media relations, distributing briefs and position papers, correspondence, networking and coalition building.
PLEASE NOTE: This section of our website is currently under further development.